Performance and Event Bar Tenders
Performance and Event Bar Tenders
The Lake Dillon Theatre Company seeks a professional team of certified servers who are responsible for bar and concession sales at Lake Dillon Theatre Company performances and events. This position will serve liquor to our patrons in a professional, responsible and safe manner, while ensuring an excellent guest experience at the Silverthorne Performing Arts Center. Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interaction while accurately mixing and serving beverages in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, bartenders are expected to provide guests with responsible alcohol service while delivering high quality customer service during all performances, concerts, and events.
Primary Responsibilities: Setting up and servicing individual beverage locations; properly handle cash and credit card transactions; enforce all liquor laws, maintain proper sanitation of work area; follow proper safety practices in the work area; provide high-quality, pleasant and efficient service to patrons.
Primary Duties: Reports to Patron Services Coordinator in all areas and works closely with the Lake Dillon Theatre Company staff and board of directors; wears appropriate uniform/attire and nametag; prepares all beverage and concession items for sale in the SPAC; sells to customers, charging amount indicated on price list; receives and handles cash, receives and handles tickets for complimentary drinks, and processes credit card transactions; accurately verifies all cash and liquor inventory with supervisor; follows Bar Procedures described in handbook; requests identification for guests purchasing alcohol when appropriate; light custodial duties; performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be TIPS or Safe Server certified and provide a copy of TIPS card or Safe Server certification (LDTC will assist with certification if needed);
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work;
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money, must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures (experience with POS systems a plus);
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors;
- Must have flexible schedule and work 3-4 hour shifts on select Tuesdays through Sundays (many evenings).
- Ideal candidates have at least 1 year experience in food and beverage service and customer service industries.
- Good organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player with excellent time management and people management skills.
Job Related Skills:
- Setup bar prior to each event with beverages, glasses, napkins, garnishes, etc. arranging bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar following standard measuring practices.
- Work with co-workers to keep all areas cleaned and stocked at all times.
- Collect money from guests for drinks served and make proper change.
- Monitor number of drinks guests are served. Should a guest reach a state that you do not feel comfortable continuing to serve them, take necessary steps to stop service to the individual.
- Breaking down bar after each event. This includes putting away all beverages, glasses, napkins, garnishes, etc. and wiping down the bar, equipment, etc.
- Adheres to Lake Dillon Theatre Company Policies and Procedures, including emergency procedures & incident reports
- Other duties as directed.
- Bussing and cleaning glassware.
- Honesty in all dealings with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Strong cash handling experience preferred.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts
- Notify supervisor of anticipated tardiness or missed shifts at least 6 hours before shifts starts
Required Skills/Environmental and Physical Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long periods of time during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe. Frequent washing of hands. Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
Salary: Part-time, hourly. $16 per hour.
Start Time: around June 20, 2017